Hello Loves! So, Yes honey I had to do a post on this! I have been search for a while for organic body wash and shampoo and I came across this!! This company has products for everyone in the family. This company is so family and health oriented! I love supporting a legacy. Thank you Sofi Tucker for starting Shea Moisture!
Wow, I never knew there where so many horrible chemicals out there!! Of course I had to google and learn all I can about the chemicals we are surrounded with. Here is a list of some of the bacterias in our environment.
- 1) Triclosan: Triclosan is a pesticide that has antibacterial properties
- 2) Dioxane: It is a carcinogenic chemical that is also toxic to the brain, liver and kidneys.
- 3) Sodium laurel sulfate (SLS): SLS causes skin irritation, leads to organ toxicity, promotes hormonal disruptions and increases your susceptibility to mood disorders.
- 4) Diethanolamine (or DEA): NDEA is a potent carcinogenic, and it is most strongly linked to the development of kidney and liver cancers.
- 5) Formaldehyde: Formaldehyde weakens the immune system, leading to a reduced resistance to disease, and it can also cause respiratory disorders, chronic fatigue, frequent headaches, and an irregular heartbeat.
- 6) Parabens: Exposed to parabens boosts a woman’s risk of developing any form of breast cancer (because parabens mimic the action of the hormone estrogen).
- 7) Fragrance:Fragrance ingredients increase your risk of developing a wide range of medical problems, including chronic dizziness, nausea, rashes, depression, respiratory distress and severe headaches.
- 8) PEG-6:PEG-6 is another one of these extremely common toxic soap ingredients, and it regularly contains toxic impurities that can cause a wide range of dangerous conditions-http://www.botanicskinessentials.com/uncategorized/toxic-soap-ingredients/
Since Shea Moisture showed me what they do not put in their products I had to go see why!!! There was so much to read that I decided to cite them here so you can check them out on your own if interested. Its amazing Vanessa Cunningham shared in this post! vanessa-cunningham/dangerous-beauty-product Reading through everything she shared I was amazed!!! Can you IMAGINE having this Triclosan in your body!!! Wow, what if your sick and need antibiotics but do to, this your body’s immune system does not respond properly. “Tricolsan is widely used antimicrobial chemical that’s a known endocrine disruptor — especially thyroid and reproductive hormones, and a skin irritant. Studies raise concerns that triclosan contributes to making bacteria antibiotic-resistant.” -Vanessa Cunningham from 10 Toxic Beauty Ingredients to Avoid!
Due to many things that I have heard and learned over the years I make it a priority to buy organic or natural products. I personally do not want to fill my body with more chemicals than the ones I breath in!!!
WOW, this site had me going through all my items and looking for all the listed ingredients…All this is not to scare anybody and making you think death is at the door but to simply make you realize more about your health. You have ONE LIFE to live so live it to the fullest!